Sunday, January 18, 2009

Your Next OS

There's a lot of talk about Windows 7 (Microsoft's next desktop OS) , but given all the problems I've had with Vista I'm not too sure I want to give Microsoft any more of my hard earned money. With this in mind, I've started looking at Ubuntu, which is supposed to be an easy to use Linux distribution. I've installed Ubuntu on my main PC so that I have the option when I start my machine to run either Vista or Ubuntu.
So far I like Ubuntu, it's free and there are hundreds of free applications that can be installed from the package manger. It's true you have to resort to the command line from time to time, more so than in windows, but you are either given the command to type or can find the information you need easily on the internet using Google.
I've not made my mind up yet, but Ubuntu is looking promising